This blog was originally posted on our CIO’s personal blog http://jenniferbrogee.wordpress.com.
There is a little known online wizard, offered by applicant tracking system myStaffingPro, that allows organizations the ability to setup a branded, SEO (search engine optimized) career portal with just a few clicks.
Steps to Create Portal:
- Enter your organization’s contact information via this link: http://mystaffingpro.com/freetrial/freetrial.asp
- Click the Proceed to the Next Step button
Now, you’ll be prompted to enter information regarding your profile. In this example, I am setting up a career site for the coffee company, KaffeeScape:
- Choose the job site URL. My example: kaffeescape.appone.com
- Enter a default location, category & job title
- Upload a logo (jpg format)
- Choose if you would like to collect EEO information from applicants (Gender & Ethnicity information)
- Choose from a variety of web site templates. (I choose the beige “full” layout, 10 different layouts are available, as identified below), and click Submit.
Soon, I receive an email letting me know my new career portal is live:
With a back-end user name and password, I can add jobs and post them to the career site. The jobs are also automatically posted to free job boards Indeed and SimplyHired.
New users can use the portal for free for 30 days. After the 30 days, a user can choose to become a monthly subscription customer of myStaffingPro for as low as $60/month and maintain the portal, as well as gain access to a variety of applicant tracking tools.
It’s a great way to get your own career site up and running quickly, no IT support needed.