It’s all about efficiency! To obtain efficiency in your hiring process, start by looking at each step in your current hiring process.
- Recruiting to attract the right applicants
- Obtaining requisition approval
- Posting the opening online
- Distributing to job boards, social networks, etc.
- Sourcing applicants
- Qualifying the applicant pool
- Screening for minimal qualifications
- Administering a behavioral assessment
- Verifying a clean background
- Tracking the interview and selection process
- Managing the applicant through the hiring process
- Receiving feedback and information from hiring managers
- Scheduling interviews and communicating next steps
- Selecting and preparing the applicant for hire
- Presenting the offer to the hire
- Arranging orientation
- Assisting the hire in signing prehire paperwork
- Setting up the new hire in the HRIS/Payroll system
Next, identify which steps take you the most amount of time and determine if it’s worthwhile to automate. Many applicant tracking systems can automate:
- Requesting and receiving requisition approval
- Posting job openings to the career portal, job boards, and social networks
- Accepting applications 24/7
- Prescreening applicants for minimal qualifications
- Communicating with applicants and hiring managers
- Submitting background requests, behavioral assessments, etc.
- Requesting and receiving hiring manager feedback
- Scheduling interviews
- Exporting data into your HRIS
For more information on the benefits of implementing an applicant tracking system, please visit http://mystaffingpro.com.