Congratulations, if you are reading this post it means that you are one of the few that have an employment blog! The next step is to pull your job openings into your blog so that applicants can apply.
Items you will need:
- RSS Feed of Job Openings – Check with your applicant tracking system provider to see if they supply an RSS Feed of your job openings. For example, myStaffingPro clients are provided with a unique RSS feed for each of their search screens. For purposes of this guide, we will use our demo RSS Feed http://client.hrservicesinc.com/downloads/rss/clients/569.xml
- WordPress account with access to manage your page’s appearance
How to Setup an Automatic Feed to Post Job Openings to WordPress
- Log in to WordPress
- From the navigation menu, select Appearance and then Widgets
- Drag the RSS widget from the available list into a sidebar so that it displays on your page
In the RSS Widget, add the following:
- RSS feed URL into the field “Enter the RSS feed URL here:”. In this example, we are using the demo client RSS feed of http://client.hrservicesinc.com/downloads/rss/clients/569.xml
- Give the feed a title. In this case, we used “Apply to Our Openings”.
- Select how many jobs to display
- If desired, you can also select the “Display item content?” and/or “Display item date?” checkboxes to display more information about the job opening. (If you do not select these checkboxes, only the job title and location will be displayed.)
- When finished, Select the Save button
- Next, view your blog to verify the layout and the content
- If any changes are necessary, return to WordPress’ Appearance Widgets to make the modifications.