As technology has paved its way into our lives, job descriptions can be found in ways that haven’t existed before! Now the tough part is…can you put your job description into 140 characters or less?
Twitter has skyrocketed into a fast paced, social network phenomenon and has become a great place to keep a job description short, sweet, and straight to the point.
Listed below are 5 tips to tweeting a job opening:
- Include hash tags to organize the content and extend your reach. Common hash tags include location, industry, and position titles (#jobs, #Ohio, #sales, #hrtech)
- Avoid acronyms! Keep in mind that job seekers will not apply if they don’t know what you are talking about.
- Incorporate a call to action –such as “Apply now!”
- Provide a link to apply through your applicant tracking system
- Use terms and keywords that will attract job seekers