What about your candidate experience?
Transform your candidate experience and make it remarkable by applying the same usability principles used in E-Commerce. Start by reviewing your hiring process and identifying the obstacles the candidate faces while trying to convert, or in this case, apply for a position.
- Does your career site answer, “What’s In It For Me”?
- Does it communicate why someone should pick you? Expand on the content in your careers section to include testimonials and videos about the company culture, benefits, and mission.
- Is there one-click access to apply? Make the button big, bold, and beautiful.
- Answer “now what?” Is it clear what you are asking them to do, how they need to do it, and what happens next?
- Do they have to type everything in? How frustrating! Provide functionality to parse their contact information from a social profile, and/or resume parsing to fill in an application.
- Provide help via telephone, email, support wizard, live chat; SOMETHING.
myStaffingPro is proud to be a silver sponsor of The Candidate Experience Awards. For more information about The Candidate Experience Awards, please go to http://www.thecandidateexperienceawards.org. To learn how to improve the candidate experience, please download myStaffingPro’s free guide Six Steps to Creating a Positive Application Experience.