Selecting the applicant tracking solution that best addresses your needs in the most intuitive way should not be a “dreaded” task! How to begin is sometimes the challenge. As someone who has been selling applicant tracking solutions for over 12 years, I can tell you that when you are armed with your list of requirements and budgetary constraints, you make my job much easier! From the “salesperson” perspective, it is always such a pleasure to be able to present my solution in the best light possible. I can only do that when I understand the prospects’ pain points and end goals.
Over the past 12 years my prospects have expressed these “must haves” time and time again.
- System administrator configuration options MUST be flexible and easy to align with my company process.
- Storing data is great, but I MUST have a system that DRIVES my process with triggered actions based on defined workflows.
- Manager interaction is important, but the interface MUST be easy for a minimally trained manager to use, and MUST sequentially assist in driving the process as defined.
- Candidates MUST have a friendly online process that is relevant for them and allows them to update their own information and check on their own status.
- The solution MUST be integration-friendly to enable the easy movement of data to my other HR systems.
Not so difficult, really. Be sure to throw in that you MUST have a dedicated resource who is an employee of the company providing you with your training and support.
Enjoy your search, and we hope to hear from you!