Recently, I saw a comment on Twitter that applicant tracking systems should be renamed into requisition tracking systems. Really? There is so much more to applicant tracking systems than the requisition.
To prove it, I bring you 5 things that put the applicant in applicant tracking systems:
- Array of communication tools at various touch points. Utilize email, social media, RSS feeds, and share tools to provide updates and keep communication lines open.
- Accommodating application process that can be completed when it is convenient to the applicant, on the device and browser of their choice.
- Acknowledgement! Applicant tracking systems acknowledge that the application is complete and can provide information on the next steps in the hiring process.
- Access to update information. Moved? Have a new phone? No problem! Applicants enjoy self-service functionality that enables them to return to the application process and update their contact information.
- Information. Applicant tracking systems provide functionality to check the status of their application at any time.
myStaffingPro is a sponsor of the Candidate Experience Awards. To learn how you can put the applicant in applicant tracking systems, download our white paper on Six Steps to Creating a Positive Application Experience.