Onboarding is the process of helping new hires become employees. The onboarding process involves a series of steps including but not limited to:
- Welcoming the new hire to the company
- Providing information about the benefits and culture
- Completing new-hire paperwork, including:
- State tax form
- Direct deposit form
- Signing off on the employee handbook, computer usage, harassment, and other policies
- Sending notifications to managers, IT, security, etc.
- Prepare the hire for their first day of work
- Scheduling training and orientation
The goal is to make new hires feel welcome, excited, and prepared to start at your company. Some companies manually manage their onboarding process while others utilize their applicant tracking system or HRIS. Companies that utilize software to manage onboarding benefit from:
- Consistent new hire process
- Web based system that allows new hires to complete onboarding when it is convenient for them
- Pre-populated fields that eliminate the frustration of entering the same information over and over again
- Centrally stored documents that are available 24/7
How do you manage your onboarding process? Are you looking for an applicant tracking system for onboarding? Visit http://www.mystaffingpro.com/onboarding-software.aspx to see what myStaffingPro can do for you!