I’m a huge fan of The Food Network’s show The Best Thing I Ever Ate. The concept of the show is that chefs share with you the best thing that they ever ate so that you can then have the same experience. Yum; right!
In my best attempt to recreate that show for you, I’ll be sharing the best things about myStaffingPro applicant tracking system.
- Configurable search. This sounds basic, but it really isn’t. I can’t tell you how many BAD BAD BAD user interfaces I have seen where you can’t configure the fields to search off of or the columns that display. Let’s face it, the people that are coding the software aren’t recruiters. So why do so many systems restrict what you can search by. You don’t know my crazy process! Please just give me an awesome tool so that I can configure the search to what I’m looking for.
- Review datasheets one at a time. Looking for a way to easily zip through responses from several applicants? Review datasheets one at a time is the answer. This feature allows you to quickly scan the applicant’s response to the prescreening process, update their status, add comments, and then move on to the next one. There is no searching around, what so ever! Simply build the list of applicants and go.
- Hiring Manager Quick Response Portal. This might be my favorite feature of all. When you are ready to obtain the hiring manager’s feedback on an applicant, simply update their status, and the hiring manager will be notified. The email notification provides access to a simplistic portal where the hiring manager can review the applicants information and “accept” or “deny” them. It is easy as pie!
- Social media. I admit, I’ve been drinking the social media kool-aid, but I just can’t get enough of it. Employment branding, applicant experience, and recruiting reach can all be improved by incorporating social media. Don’t believe me? Check out Midmark’s success with social media.
- Support. Hello! If you spend the bucks for an applicant tracking system, you want someone to help you get it in place and running. This is a no-brainer in my book. However, so many systems leave you high and dry. Our team continuously receives high remarks in our customer satisfaction surveys, and has even received national accolades. Who are you going to trust with your implementation process?
And for you foodies out there, the best apple and blueberry pie I’ve ever had was at the Grand Traverse Pie Company. (It was so good I had to get both) The best steak I’ve ever had was at the Lonesome Dove Bistro in Ft. Worth Texas.