Onboarding is the process of preparing a new employee for their first day of work. A successful onboarding system can ease the employee’s anxiety by creating a smooth transition between the offer and payroll process.
Instead of manually completing tasks, an onboarding system can:
- Welcome the employee to the company.
- Provide information about the company’s benefits and culture.
- Collect information and signatures on the W-4, I-9, and a state tax form.
- Distribute the employee handbook as well as computer usage, non-harassment, and other policies
- Send notifications to managers, IT, and security so that the appropriate arrangements are made for the employee’s first day.
- Provide instructions on where to park, how to enter the building, and the expectations for the first day.
The goal of an onboarding system is to ease the first day jitters by reducing the paperwork burden of the first day, while providing information that allows them to prepare. Are you looking for an onboarding system? Visit http://mystaffingpro.com/onboarding-software.aspx to see what myStaffingPro can do for you!