Over 20% of online applications remain incomplete. In an increasingly competitive employment marketplace, it is important to make the online application process as easy as possible, while gathering all of the information needed to make a decision. Here are five suggestions to improve application completion rates:
- Reduce the number of clicks that it takes to apply. If possible, add a link to your Careers search screen to the main navigation of your site.
- Create a tiered application process that separates the screenings into a series of phases. Rather than ask everyone everything, break apart the prescreening process so that you collect data as you need it.
- Accept applications from multiple devices and browsers. Meaning, don’t limit your applicants to applying with Internet Explorer from a computer. Let them choose!
- Allow applicants to save and return to the online application process at any time.
- Send an email reminder to invite incomplete applicants to return to the online application process.