The Pros of Hiring Internally
• Knows your company culture and overall strategic objectives
• Already has working relationships in departments across the company
• Has a proven track record for commitment, reliability, and productivity
The Cons of Hiring Internally
• May have preconceived notions of what the company needs
• May not be open to new ideas
The Pros of Hiring Externally
• New ideas
• New perspectives
• Knowledge of industry-specific best practices
The Cons of Hiring Externally
• Great match on paper and may interview well, but they are not a fit in the company culture.
• Personality mismatch
With a robust applicant tracking system you can determine what internal and external candidates match the criteria and skill set that is needed to hire for the open position. This ability enhances your chances of identifying the right candidates and will improve your productivity levels because you are able to search through your list more quickly and effectively.
Incorporate usability techniques into your online application process with these tips.