Put yourself in the applicant’s shoes by testing your application process:
- Search for a job that your company is hiring for.
- How did you find the job?
- Where is the job posting listed?
- Can you apply through a mobile device?
- Can you login with a social media profile?
- Can you upload your resumé into the system easily? If so, does it automatically fill in your information or do you have to manually enter it in?
- Can you make edits along the way?
- Are you updated about your application status?
- Can your easily check the status of your application?
If you’ve answered no to any of these questions, than it’s time to re-evaluate your applicant experience and upgrade to a more user-friendly system that can incorporate usability techniques into your online application process. Take a look at our usability tips.