To streamline your recruiting, tracking and qualifying processes you need to eliminate waste and increase effectiveness. Take a moment to document the steps, interaction, and points of frustration during the recruiting, tracking and qualification process.
- Can you store templates of job descriptions?
- Can an approval process be applied to the requisition?
- What is the process, and what rules can be applied?
- How quickly can a requisition start accepting applications?
- How do you post a requisition to job boards?
- What applicant information is collected (e.g., contact data, sourcing information, , resumé submittal, work history, education, etc.)?
- Explain how your ATS works with various job types as well as internal and external applicants.
- Explain how your ATS tracks the source of the applicant.
- Does your system support conceptual search? What other types of search do you support?
- Does your system support Web mining and the sourcing of resumés?
- Is the applicant workflow configurable? If so, can I create automated email messages for each step?
- Does the system allow for inserting applicant notes?
- Can you upload documents into applicant records?
- Does the system have onboarding available?
From here, you can determine what information you need to collect, how you want to collect it and what criteria you need.